After finally finding a nice CMS to use for my homepage, I was searching for a simple plugin that lets me
- upload files manually using scp or other means from the command line
- display a nice link to the file, stating name, size etc. after adding a text like [file=foo.tar.bz2]
All I found were quite large plugins using databases, using quite elaborate administration front ends. So I started writing one myself.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Create a directory wordpressurl/download (alternatively, change the constant in kfile.php)
- Upload files there
- Add tags like [file=foo.tar.bz2] to your posts whereever you want the links placed. you might also specify multiple files, as in [file=foo.tar.bz2,bar.gif]
kfile.zip (105.98 kiB, 2008-06-02)